Is your sexual performance as a man constant throughout the year? Have you ever wondered why? Or have you never been keen to notice the variation? Well, experience and research shows that a man's sexual performance varies with season majorly because of two reasons, stressors and temperature levels.
Effect of temperature and stress on male sexual performance
As males, one of the factors that influence sexual performance is the level of testosterone hormone. During cold weather, testosterone levels have been shown to be alittle lower than during the hot weather. Have a note book and record the level of your sexual performance during hot and cold weather, this will help you track what weather affects your testosterone levels as an individual.
Now that you know how temperature affects sexual performance, so does stress. The major reason why stress reduces sexual performance is because when the human body is faced by stress, it produces a stress hormone called cortisol; the production of this hormone reduces the production of sex hormones and so sexual performance.
Understanding the effect of different variables on sexual performance is important in understanding sexual performance itself. The male sexual organ ( penis ) erects and gains for sexual momentum when enough blood flows through it's veins. A normal human body under no stress has fairly relaxed blood vessels. Under stress, our blood vessels constrict and lesser blood flows through them. When not enough blood flows through the penile veins, sexual momentum reduces.
Inorder to manage stress, men usually will indulge in activities like smoking, binge eating and drug abuse. These activities have a negative effect on stress levels as they instead worsen the stress. Learning methods on how to manage stress as a sexually reproductive man is important in addressing changes in sexuality. Look at some below:
How to manage stress as a sexually reproductive man
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet. Eating foods which are rich in anti oxidants like carrots, leafy green vegetables play an important role in fighting stress.
- Adding a bar of dark chocolate to your routine. A bar of dark chocolate contains cocoa polyphenols that have been shown to reduce stress even in highly stressed individuals. Similarly, you could try a routine of taking milk chocolate daily for the same results.Walking bare foot; research shows that walking bare foot improves connectedness to nature and greater feeling of restoration, these equate into relieved stress.
- Take breaks from watching, reading or listening to new stories including news and social media stories. During episodes of stress, take breaks from taking in news until you regain normality.
- Get plenty of sleep. As a young man, one of the ways that has been shown to fight off stress very easily is getting enough sleep, about 8 hours of sleep is enough to do away with a ton of daily stresses.
- Make use of stress relievers. These should be natural and not pose effect of addiction. In instances where the possibility to cause addiction is not clearly known, such stress relief compounds should be avoided.
Here are some of the natural stress relievers you can make use of:
- Black pepper
Of these, ashwagandha is the most effective natural stress reliever because it is an adpatogen, helps reduce the production of cortisol, the stress hormone by the body in the fight against stress. Natural ashwaganda supplements are the best supplements for management of stress. Buy an ashwaganda supplement preferably one with black pepper for quick onset action. Manage stress naturally and see a spike in your sexual performance!